Saturday, April 7, 2007

Holy Moley You're Annoying


So there has been this stupid little mole that has been tearing our lawn apart and it's driving me crazy! Considering how small the actual tunnels are this thing can't be bigger than a hampster but it's amazing how quick this thing digs. This picture is only 3 of maybe 20 piles it's managed to create in less than a week. We've installed as non-humane of a trap we could find(note the flap of grass in the photo) and it builds a pile of dirt right next to it (note pile of dirt right next to said flap of grass). On occasion I have caught the little bugger pushing dirt up to the surface, but something tells me it is really good at feeling me coming because anytime I start to get close the dirt movement stops. Late one night after getting home from school I noticed a new pile of dirt (the upper left one in the picture for those keeping score) so as I am investigating why the crap the trap isn't working I notice this fresh pile moving. This was the closest I'd been to a moving pile of dirt before... "maybe I can finally kick this thing in the act". So, like a tiger about to pounce on it's prey, I set my pivot foot softly... dirt still moving... visualized the mole, with a look of confusion and horror on it's face, flying through the air... dirt still moving... and kicked with all my might as though it was a 56 yard field goal to win the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, obliterated the dirt mound, and found that the only thing flying through the air was my dirt covered shoe; I hadn't tied them very tight that morning. Mole: 21(note next morning pile in the upper right), Me: 0

No comments: