Saturday, July 28, 2007

Three Times a Lady

Bri and her cousin Lachelle raced today in the LUNA All Women’s Sprint Triathlon. This was Bri's first go at one of these and with the Christmas Eve-like anticipation , only got 5 hours sleep. When morning finally arrrived she wasn't quite sure what she had got herself into. When all was said and done, however, Bri did spectacularly and finished in 1:26, coming in 36th out of 306. Not too shabby for someone who decided two days before hand to join in. What a woman. We are planning on doing another sprint triathlon on Sept 1st. I'm getting pretty good at the elementary backstroke and doggy paddle but have decided that the most important training I can do right now is see how long I can tread water and compare that with how long on average it takes a rescue boat to reach swimmers in need. Anyone have a snorkle?

Bri had the 25th fastest run... This made up a lot of time for her since the bike she used only had one working gear and a brake that once you broke...well, IT broke. (but that was better than no bike, thanks Nick)


Just another jog in the park for triathlon veteran Lachelle


What's surprising about this picture? They're smiling after a gruelling triathlon. What's not surprising? Dallas is eating.


Calves of Steel


My training for our upcoming triathlon

6 comments:

Erin and Ryan said...

Way to go Bri! You look great and obviously are in good shape, way to make the rest of us jealous :)

tracie said...

Congrats. I wish I could do something like that. See you in a few weeks.

This is Life said...

Is it me or is anyone else laughing so hard they're crying over the picture of Dave??!! I love it! You should have it blown up!



I'm still laughing!

Em said...

Inspirational Bri! good for you, bad for the rest of us :)

Robin said...

Briana, I am so jealous of your athleticism! You're an all-star.

Lisa said...

I will agree with all other comments....you are amazing!! :)