Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Even in his sleep

Lately, my blogging seems to have a common theme of Dallas, and this one is not any different. Yesterday, I was amused not once, but twice by Dallas during the times that one would think to be calm . . . naptime and bedtime. We have this new "deal" where Dallas gets to "read" books with the lights on for five minutes before I turn the light off for his nap. Well, as you might imagine I sometimes get preoccupied with other things around the house and it takes me a little more than five minutes to remember to go back and turn off the light. Often he will shout for me to turn the light off, but yesterday he didn't and by the time I remembered on my own, I found him like this in his crib (and yes he is really asleep. In fact he slept right on through me taking this picture.) H e was the one who decided to take his clothes off after lunch and slip into his more comfortable pjs, inside out of course. Nothing like falling asleep to some quality reading. I am definitely convinced he is my son as I can rarely read a page without dozing off. And for the next picture. I woke from serious REM rebound sleep about 3:30 this morning to Dallas shouting my name. I stumbled into his room sure he just wanted water or something like usual, but instead it was his sad cry of "I super cold mommy. I super cold." This isn't the first time he has decided to strip off his pjs before falling asleep, however I recently showed him how to take off his diaper so he could do it on his own on before getting into the bath and for those few occasions he actually wants to use the potty(not a great lesson for parents to give their children in case you're wondering), and lo and behold this time he had truly stripped down to complete nakedness before falling asleep. Luckily or unluckily, he managed to "pee pee" during his sleep which I am sure woke him up. Awake, he was able to recognize he was both wet and cold. I did a quick sheet change and redressing with my eyes half open and he quickly went back to dreamland. I crawled back in bed and announced to Dave that our genius chlid had been sleeping buck naked and just peed all over himself. Dave, half alseep himself, kind of mumbled something about Dalls being stupid and rolled over. Parenthood truly does bring good reasons to laugh. The stories that Dallas's girlfriends will be hearing someday. I can't wait. . . .and I have lots of pictures for proof.

5 comments:

Lachelle said...

I think Keyton and Dallas should definitely be buds. Oh, the trouble they could get into! I love it!!

Lisa said...

Once again - sooo funny!! Your blog is fabulous laugh-therapy for me :)

Emily B. said...

Oh Bri, I just love your blog. I truly laugh every time I vist. "I super cold mommy" is so sad...and funny at the same time!

Marc and Stacy said...

Briana,
I saw your blog link on Tracy and Chad's, just thought I'd say hi! It's great to see you are doing so well...and three kids!! Wow, that's awesome!!! Keep in touch...merry christmas!
Love,
Stacy

Will said...

I thought the funniest part was realizing that he was naked and the first thing you thought of at 3:30 AM was "Where's the camera? This will be great for the blog".