Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm Melting . . .Melting!!!

When I first found out I was pregnant and started calculating my due date, I realized I would be living large through the summer and began dreading those days where temps linger around 100 and I would be stuck with small children in a home without a/c. Well, this week those days arrived and it was miserable just as I anticipated. We tried to find refuge in our kiddie pool, sprinklers, fountains at the park, the mall, the gym and we were able to cool off occasionally. The nights were uncomfortable and I fear the kids are always going to want to sleep in nothing but underwear or diapers (or completely nude as we found Dallas in the middle of the night once this week) from now on. It has cooled off to the mid 90s today and is suprizingly pleasant comparatively speaking.




4 comments:

Em said...

I hope it cools down a little bit, urghh! I am so happy you could get a couples getaway. This past year it's been amazing to get to know Justin, without as many stressors. It's good to remember why we fell in love and had so much fun together. It sounds like thats the type of weekend you guys had. those are well needed vacations. As always, you look so cute pregnant!

Lisa said...

Briana! I'm so glad you are still alive! :) It's nice to see an update! If you are ever worried about being percevied to have crazy kids, don't bring them to Europe. Guaranteed we are the town crazies.... :)

Scott and Jamie said...

Fun times in the sun! I know what you're saying about being prego in the summer... this is my 2nd time prego and 2nd time prego during the summer! Next time I am definitely going to plan to have a spring baby so I'm big all winter long! Good luck with staying cool... I don't know how you do it w/o A/C in your house! That's the ONLY way I survive. Take care though.

it's just lisa said...

love the new header!

miss you guys.

lisa