Friday, October 30, 2009

Cake, Pumpkins and Fairy Princess Cowboys . . .oh my!

No huge 1 year old birthday bash, but I did make fondant for the first time and had fun experimenting with it. As a result, Lexi enjoyed not one but two little cakes just her size. The kids and I celebrated on her real birthday and we did it again that weekend so that Dave, my Sister Margaret and her boyfriend Nick could join in the festivities.
She was very girly and neat with her cake, not at all exciting, I just hope I can teach her how to make a good mess with it by the time she gets married.
The cold weather left us not wanting to go back out after the boys' soccer games on Saturday so we stayed in and carved pumpkins instead.



Lastly, Brooklyn. Such a girl. Loves skirts. Loves dancing. Loves being "pretty". Loves pink. I can't wait for her to turn three so I can get her in soccer or something and make sure she can at least be a tough ballerina. She is forever changing outfits and they are all so cute that we often have to hunt down the camera.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You did a good job on the cake!

The fairy princess cowboy is the BEST! I love it!

Kali said...

ha ha love that cheek leak! What an adorable butterfly/cowgirl. So fun.

Jenna said...

Way to go on the cakes! Now I see so much of Brooklyn in Lexi! I can't decide. Maybe she is a blend of all three kids. Glad to hear that Margaret got to come out. I'll have to visit her one of these trips home. She looks so happy. Miss you tons and counting down the days until San Diego in Jan!!!

Mommyof4 said...

Great job on the darling cakes! She looks so cute. As for Brooklyn--she may be really girly, but I promise you that just the fact that she has two older brothers, will make her tough! Just ask Kate!

Robyn & Aaron said...

Seriously, you and Dave make beautiful children!!

Curtis & Nichole said...

You are awesome! Love the cake and Brooklyn's wings & multiple outfits :)

It's still crazy not being in Portland sometimes....I think curtis is going through "Dave & pop stops" withdrawls :(

Unknown said...

she is so precious in that outfit.