Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Camping We Will Go

Though our plans for a "real" camping trip were foiling with cold nights we decided to go "day camping" with the kids at Wildwood State Park outside of Sandy. It was a really pretty area and the kids had a fun time exploring. Dallas enjoyed punching and kicking the smoke (because it kept getting in his eyes) but the smoke always seemed to get the upperhand. The near by Salmon River was home to some very large Spring Chinook Salmon and Trenton was the first to spot them (he'll make a good fisherman some day). There was even a cool part of the river that had a cutaway that let you look INTO the river and see the fish (mostly baby coho salmon). It was a quick and easy trip and I only wish we had done it sooner and more often. We'll definately bring fishing poles next time. --Dave





4 comments:

Emily B. said...

Ah...beautiful Oregon! So different from ugly Texas! Glad you guys had fun!

tracie said...

Camping...I'm so jealous. We wanted to go this year but all we have is a tent and sleeping bags. No cooking stuff and you know how I am with food. - Tracie

Lisa said...

Hey Bri - we did have similar days on Sat! How fun! Also, I am extremely impressed that Trenton can spell and write Brayden's name. All this time I have been thinking my boy is so advanced and smart...really I just haven't been comparing him to the right kids! :) haha

Carolee said...

What a beautiful family you guys have! RB finally passed along your blog to me, so I'm excited to catch up on what you all have been up to!
I like the daytime camping idea, I wonder if it would fly with our boys...