Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pop Quiz

1. Why has it been more than a month since I've updated our blog?

a) Our computer hasn't been working very well
b) I have four kids with the oldest just turning 5 1/2
c) Dave likes to take pictures in RAW format on the SLR so I don't know how to upload them
d) I've had nothing to post about
e) pretty much all of the above

Correct answer: e (but with a major emphasis on B) My life is full with the following:
12-15 diaper changes per day
15 loads of laundry washed and folded each week
dishwasher loaded to the brim and emptied at least once a day
2-3 nightly awakenings (usually just 1 attributed to Lexi)
breakfast for 5
packing one sack lunch
nursing
making lunch for 3 others
dinner for 5
snacks all day long
vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, wiping scrubbing, picking up, paying bills, chaufeurring
refereeing fights between siblings
wiping snotty noses
trying to exercise whenever I can
holding crying girls
and on and on and on . . I have a lot to be grateful for. One thing I can certainly be grateful for is a full life . .sure a lot of it is monotonous tasks, but the cute and mischievous faces that require those tasks are worth it.

2. Why don't we own very many nice things?


a) we don't have a lot of money (Student loans only go so far)
b) we aren't materialistic people
c) our kids destroy everything
d) we don't have enough room to put any extra things
e) all but b are true

Correct answer: E (this time the empasis goes on c: our kids destroy everything

There are the things like slashed screens, broken dishes, etching drawings into the car with rocks, spilling of dyes and glue on the carpet, but Dallas topped the list yesterday with this:

This is what it looks like when you watch Clifford on a broken LCD tv. Dallas climbed up into the armoir and knocked the tv over. Its my new recipe for how to blow $600 in 2 seconds of "fun". Dave's comments to the boys regarding the event: You're never watching tv again. Never. No xbox and no tv. You can learn how to read books and play with toys. (In part due to the hundred times he alone has asked them not to climb up there)

Dallas's comments: I a weally bad boy. I wished evewyfing in the whole wide wold would be made of metal. I ask "why?" response: so it couldn't get bwoken.

So that's the headline for today and I'll work on some more from the last month later.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Poor Bri and Dave! Drew agrees with you Dave, they can learn how to have fun by reading and playing with toys. I am already having to get up 1-2 sometimes 3 times a night...oh what I get to look forward to!!! Can't wait to see you guys and meet Lexi next month!

Kelsey Ann said...

Oh my goodness, you do have quite the excitement on a daily basis! I am surprised you are still sane with all that going on.
I am sorry about the TV! However you just gave me one more excuse when explaining to Tyler why we don't need a nice TV right now. Good Luck with the rest of your day. Hopefully nothing too eventful happens to your electronics!

Bacchus Family said...

And why should I have another kid? :) Feel that, those are good vibes I am sending your way. I hope they help.

Oma and Opa said...

wow!!!how do you do it? we think you are wonder woman. Dad and I are already giving each other the blank stare as to how we are going to do your JOB for just two days in february. we love you all. Opa and Oma

Lisa said...

You are the funniest person I know, HANDS DOWN. I love your stories!