Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thunder

So I think it's safe to say that The Kentucky Derby is the big thing here.  The Derby Festival lasts a couple of weeks with several different events.  Last weekend was Thunder Over Louisville that kicks off the festival which includes an air show that goes all afternoon and evening right up until the official largest annual fireworks display in North America where the fireworks are set off from 8 different barges and one of the bridges spanning the Ohio River.  We got to enjoy the festivities (and avoid the massive number of drunk people) from one of the other resident's apartments as it was right on the waterfront by the show.  It was cool.  It was loud.  I think the kids are still recovering from the super late night. 

1 comment:

marissa said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I can't believe Dallas is 5 already! Crazy. It seems like he was just my little sunbeam. I also can't believe that he hid his gum in his groin and gave himself a swirly - actually maybe I can. Good job on your run and your new garden. Your yard is fantastic! So any new plans? Only 1 more year out there right? We miss you guys!