Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter Catch Up

We celebrated Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday by making a really ugly diversity cake . . .

Dave got creative and entertained the kids with a piece of cardboard that came inside the Xbox packaging he got from his parents: Meet Daddy Robot. He also combined internet surfing with finding a new way to put Lexi to sleep.

It looks like Brooklyn has makeup on in this first shot but neither Dave nor I have any recollection of even taking this picture. Auntie?? Grandma? Someone want to fess up to starting our little girl way too young on makeup? After all Margaret, you did shave my legs for me when I was in third grade . .I think I still have the scars to prove it. The second picture: unlike Dallas, Brooklyn actually shows some sort of remorse when making an unecessary mess and being told that it's not okay to do so.

Given our kids track record we're going old school and using more VHS movies as they don't scratch nearly as easily as DVDs. They also make really cool train tracks and bases for building towers out of dice.

Our visit to the Festival of the Nativities. Notice how Dallas is about to drop Baby Jesus on his head. No, we do not let him hold Lexi.
Lastly, why we love Lexi. I finally get around to picking her up off our bed as she's been sort of whining for a few minutes lying face down. I turn her over to find that she is just rolling around in her own spit up but still smiling. How nasty? How sweet? You decide.

6 comments:

Em said...

It's so fun to get an update on you guys. I always get a good laugh from your blogs, you have the greatest sense of humor, I guess there is no other option. We are so excited for your upcoming adventures and move.It seems like its gone by soo fast. Keep up the good work, Mom!

Bacchus Family said...

A for effort with the cake. Lexi is a true 4th baby; sleep when you can and get a few token pictures. You should see Sam's (6th child) baby book. It almost looks brand new. :) I'm glad you survived the school break and the snow. Good luck with the new year!

tracie said...

Love your couch. It looks vaguely familiar.

Jenna said...

As always, such cute kids. I love the pic with Brookyln on the stove...even though she looks a little sad, its still really cute. Funny how some of the pictures where you can tell they're having a hard time are the cutest. Lexi is beautiful of course...only a few more weeks til I get to see you...I can't wait!!! (hopefully the snow will be gone by then) =)

Gwen said...

WOW so many activities and things for the kids to do. That cake is freakin' sweet! What a great idea... and no I don't think it looks ugly - AWESOME! This is the kind of stuff I have always wanted to do with my family! I think I will have to steal the idea for next year.
Love,
Gwen

Emily B. said...

Like always, you have me laughing! Lexi smiling through her barfy face is so precious to me! Your family rocks.