Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Lexi

Lexi turns one today and I am somewhat saddened to see her grow so fast as I sit here for the first time at my baby's one year mark not already pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the very near future. She was born in the midst of an already chaotic life and I fear we haven't taken nearly enough pictures of her, but here are some of them we did catch from birth to one.

Hello bright cold world! Birth announcements that I never even sent out.


First Holiday: Halloween

All bald after mom went crazy with the clippers trying to rid her of horrible male pattern baldness. Firts Sunday at Church. One month old.
All bundled up for the winter cold.Just one of the many ways she is loved by her siblings. Easter sticker smack in the middle of her forehead that she has no way to remove.
First Rice cereal. First trip to Kentucky.


First Graduation experience as daddy finished dental school. almost crawling

Just last week as she is walking along things, still pretty much bald but with the beginnings of some strawberry blonde hair
She came as a suprize, but we cannot imagine life without her. She gets the hiccups everytime she laughs hard, loves to pull both her own hair and others and continues to be one of the greatest sources of joy for our family. We love you Lexi!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Lexi!! She is such a cutie!

Johnny said...

What a beautiful girl! Just like her Mom!

-Michelle

tracie said...

Happy birthday little Lexi. Can't believe it's already been a year. So when's the next one coming?? :)

Bacchus Family said...

I think she was a great addition to your family. As much as you try to slow things down they still grow fast. You should see the lack of pictures poor Samantha has at baby number 6. But she still likes my mom anyway.

Jenna said...

I didn't get to post this yesterday but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI!! I can't believe she is 1 already. It just seems like it was yesterday that you called to say she was here. Keep the pictures of all of your sweet ones coming!! Hope Dallas feels better soon and that none of the other kids catch it!

Scott and Jamie said...

Can't believe she's already a year old! Crazy. We are planning a temple trip soon, something always gets in the way. This month it's the fly season and my mom's wedding. Maybe next month?

Scott and Jamie said...

FLU season, not fly season. Sorry for the typo.

shelly said...

You forgot to mention how darn beautiful she is. Pictures will never do her justice. She adds a great balance to your family. What a jewel!

Mommyof4 said...

I can't believe I forgot her birthday. I wrote it on my calendar, but hadn't pulled off the last two weeks of calendar pages. Nice huh? Well Happy Birthday to Lexi--she has changed so much since you were here last. Miss and love you all!

Erin and Ryan said...

She is such a sweet little gal, Happy Birthday!

marissa said...

I can't believe she is already 1! She is so cute! I love all the pics from your fun hike and I love to read your blog because of how you say it how it is. I love it and you crack me up!