Monday, December 7, 2009

Turkey Day Trot


We decided to support the YMCA by running in a race bright and early Thanksgiving morning. Dave and I did a 6 mile race and the kids had a little dash across a field in their respective age groups. Dave trained really hard by running 1 1/4 miles the day before the race to test out an app on his phone that tracks your run. He felt good after the race . . .that is until he had trouble walking for several days after. I ran ]about 4 miles on Monday to train while pushing the girls in the double jogger that acts sort of like a parachute when I run into the wind. It would have been better without a screaming baby. The race was better without any children and having the masses of people to pump me up.
Some of the kids enjoyed it more than others. . .it was freezing!

2 comments:

Daisha said...

I love Brooklyn's church story. It's bound to happen with brothers. Tessa hasn't used any objects yet, but has said "look at my penis". we're going to an ugly sweater party this weekend and it's going to be strange to not have you guys there!

Em said...

I love your post about church. My children don't know the word "penis" ,but then again we are a girl family. HOwever, i can relate to the chaos. I don't know I just figure Heavenly Father is giving us bonus points, just for trying. Good luck :)