Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A little about me. . . .

I figure I've broken enough chains in my life so I'm actually doing this one.

So I've been tagged and am supposed to write 6 facts about myself. To join in the fun write 6 facts about yourself and ask 6 others to do the same.

1. People aside, I have two great loves in life: eating and exercising. I bake multiple times a week and usually enjoy too much of whatever it is I've made. I also am kind of a work out fanatic. When we used to live closer to the gym, I would sometimes go in the morning and evening. I think the two obessions make a good pair though. Were I only addicted to one of them, I would either be really fat or really skinny. Today being a typical day, I am about to go and make some brownies followed by teaching a class at the gym tonight.

2. I'm a thrasher in bed. I always have been. When my sister and I were young, we shared a queen bed and she still complains about how I would toss and turn and steal the covers. Now poor Dave is stuck with me for life. And he has to deal with me when I'm pregnant too which is even worse! I guess I shouldn't be suprized that he really wants to get a king bed someday.

3. I chew everything. Dave always makes fun of me for chewing even those foods and drinks that don't need chewing. I chew smoothies, ice cream, yogurt, etc. and I guess my teeth make this nice little clicking noise as I do so. Guess it's just a habit to chew whatever is in my mouth.

4. I used to be obessed with boys! (Now I'm just obsessed with 3 of them: Dave, Trenton and Dallas). All of my old journal pages are filled with details of my latest crush and high school drama surrounding my dating life. In fact, my dad gave me the idea to record all of the guys I ever dated, so I have a list of all of my first dates with people (including name, whether or not they were LDS, and what we did). The grand total is 72, with Dave being number 70. If I didn't get it right (and I think I did) after that many guys, then I don't think I was ever going to.

5. I love to sing. I may not be able to read music very well or harmonize purposefully, but when their is a song playing, chances are I am singing along to it whether I know the words or not (and many times I don't . .I kind of make up my own lyrics that don't make any sense and sing them until Dave corrects me on the words). Dave can always tell when I've been in the car alone because the radio is blasting when he turns on the car the next time. Any kid free time is my time and that means the music is loud and I'm jamming!

6. Me gusta hablar el espanol. I don't speak spanish very well anymore, but I wish I did. I love the Latin culture and I love the language. My dad lived in South America for 11 years and speaks fluently . . I wanna be just like him. The couple of months I spent in Mexico doing a study abroad through BYU helped me, but it has long since passed and mostly been forgotten. When the kids are older, I hope to study more and do lots of traveling to spanish speaking countries.

So there are my random facts. What have you got to share?? _Bri

9 comments:

tracie said...

I still remember one of your stories coming back from Guadalajara and you and Lachelle going on a run. It was pretty funny. :)

sheena said...

Hi there! I'm a friend of Brian and Hilary's and check your blog from time to time and had to comment on this one! Thank you for your #1....I don't feel so alone anymore. I've made brownies and cookies in the last 3 days, ate most of them, and I'm trying to prepare myself for a half marathon next week. I think obsessive is a great word my eat/workout/eat somemore/workout harder lifestyle. Thanks for making me feel normal!

Daisha said...

Love it!! 72 boys huh, I knew there were a lot :)
Daisha

Lachelle said...

You know, you're pretty cool Bri. Seriously, your six things showcase a happy, fun-loving person. No wonder you're so fun to be around. Move to Minnesota please.

Will said...

Bri, that was great. (got here through Tracie's blog) Yep, no one is as normal as they appear. Here's the results of my tag:
http://willkristin.blogspot.com/search?q=eyelash

Emily B. said...

Thanks for giving me something to blog about! I've been so bad lately! Yeah, I believe that the spanish I learned really still is in my head, it's just buried so darn deep I can't find it anymore!

Em said...

I am so glad I tagged you! its been super fun to read these 6 little facts about you. Hope all is well

Jenna said...

That is so funny that Tracie wrote what she did, because that is what I thought when I read the part about your Spanish skills...your Guadalajara days...That summer, you were probably the person that I emailed and chatted with the most. Ah the good ol' days...I miss you guys!

Drew said...

You could totally pass as a Latina! HA! Hope life is well. Tell Dave I want to come play golf some time soon!